Sauteed Mushrooms with Spinach & Acorn Squash
Prep Time: 30 mins
- 2 tbs ghee or butter
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, wiped clean, trimmed & sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs bunched spinach, stems removed, rinsed & chopped
- 1 tbs shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- 2 acorn squash, peel, cut into cubes and boiled
Cook acorn squash by boiling in a pot of water over medium high heat for 15-20 minutes or until you can easily pierce with a fork. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
Heat the ghee over medium-high heat in a large skillet until melted. Add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring until mushrooms begin to sweat, approximately 5 minutes. Turn the heat to medium and add the garlic. Stir together for another 2 minutes until the mushrooms are tender. Add the spinach and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes. Finish with white wine and cook for another minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and combine the mushroom and spinach with the acorn squash by folding in gently. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese and enjoy!