Blended salad? Close. A cold, refreshing soup. A Spanish favorite!
Prep Time: 20 mins (1 day in advance for refrigeration)
- 3 lbs ripe tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and corasely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, dried flakes
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate overnight.
Using a high-speed blender or Vitamix, puree the vegetables until smooth. Strain the soup into a bowl. Add sea salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Yes! Go for it! Pull off a hunk of fresh baguette, but restrain from going back for more.