Veggie Spring Rolls
Prep Time: 30 mins
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tbs almonds, slivered or sliced
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 8 rice paper rounds, softened
- 1/8 cup fresh Thai basil, slivered
- 1/8 cup fresh mint, slivered
In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Let marinate at room temperature for 10 mins, stirring frequently.
To soften rice papers, fill a bowl with warm water. Dip each rice paper round into the water for 10 secs, or until softened and translucent. Remove and let drain on a clean dish towel. Do not stack the rice papers; they will stick together.
Add vegetable mixture about 1-inch from the lower edge of each rice paper round. Sprinkle with basil and mint leaves. Fold the bottom edge over the filling; fold in both sides and roll-up tightly. Press to seal. Place on a plate seam side down; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 10 mins (you may also make these ahead of time and refrigerate for several hours.)
4-5 pieces dried ginger (uncrystalized) or dried apricots (without sulfites). Yes, dried fruit is very sweet!