- Roasted Roots Over Cous Cous
- Escarole Salad with Farm Egg & Tarragon Dressing
- Baked Sweet Potato with Sauteed Kale Cleanse Recipe
- Veggie Quinoa Chili Cleanse Recipe
- Sauteed Mushrooms with Spinach & Acorn Squash Cleanse Recipe
- Soba Noodle Pasta with Kale & White Beans Cleanse Recipe
- Oven Roasted Brussel Sprout Soup Cleanse Recipe
- Zucchini Squash Carpaccio
Quinoa Porridge Cleanse Recipe
An equally hearty & warm oatmeal alternative!
Prep Time: 20 mins
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk (cow or almond)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 egg
Add quinoa, water, cinnamon and 1/2 cup of the milk in a pot and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of milk, walnuts and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency (it will gradually thicken). Once it reaches the consistency you like, add the honey and the egg (yes, an egg!) and stir quickly to combine the egg evenly.
Serve in a bowl with a dash of cinnamon on top and breakfast is served!
*you may also use 1/2 cup leftover cooked quinoa and omit the water.