- Roasted Roots Over Cous Cous
- Escarole Salad with Farm Egg & Tarragon Dressing
- Baked Sweet Potato with Sauteed Kale Cleanse Recipe
- Veggie Quinoa Chili Cleanse Recipe
- Sauteed Mushrooms with Spinach & Acorn Squash Cleanse Recipe
- Soba Noodle Pasta with Kale & White Beans Cleanse Recipe
- Oven Roasted Brussel Sprout Soup Cleanse Recipe
- Zucchini Squash Carpaccio
Escarole Salad with Farm Egg & Tarragon Dressing
Try an alternative to your everyday salad greens. Change it up with escarole!
Prep Time: 25 mins
- 1 large head escarole
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon, finely minced
- 1 tbs shallot, finely minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced to a paste
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
Removed the tough, outer green leaves of escarole until you reach the paler, more tender leaves inside. Reserved the outer leaves for cooking. Wash and dry the inner leaves well and tear into pieces. Place the greens in a salad bowl.
Put the eggs in a small saucepan with water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, then immediately cover and remove from heat. Let satand for 10 mins. Drain and quickly run under cold running water until cool, then peel and set aside.
To make dressing, combine the vinegar, shallot, tarragon and anchovy fillets. Whisk in the olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Add enough dressing to the escarole to coat the leaves lightly. Toss well and taste. Add a splash of vinegar or more sea salt or pepper if needed.
Chop the eggs coarsely and sprinkle them over the salad. Toss gently so you don'mt break up the eggs too much. Serve and enjoy!