- Roasted Roots Over Cous Cous
- Escarole Salad with Farm Egg & Tarragon Dressing
- Baked Sweet Potato with Sauteed Kale Cleanse Recipe
- Veggie Quinoa Chili Cleanse Recipe
- Sauteed Mushrooms with Spinach & Acorn Squash Cleanse Recipe
- Soba Noodle Pasta with Kale & White Beans Cleanse Recipe
- Oven Roasted Brussel Sprout Soup Cleanse Recipe
- Zucchini Squash Carpaccio
Zucchini Squash Carpaccio
Prep Time: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 lb small zucchini, mix of green and yellow varieties, no more than 5 inches long
- 2 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper flakes
- 1 small clove garlic, minced into paste
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 handfuls arugula
- Wedge of pecoino cheese for shaving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast the almonds on a baking sheet until golden brown and fragrant, 10-15mins.
Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a mandoline or other manual vegetable slicer, or a vegetable peeler, shave the zucchini thinly. Discard the first and las slices of each squash, which are mostly skin. Put the zucchini ribbons in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, garlic and salt to taste. Add the dressing to the shaved zucchni and toss with your hands to coat eveningly. Let stand for 5 mins to allow the zucchini to soften.
Add the arugula to the zucchini. With a cheese plane or vegetable peeler, shave about 3 oz of cheese or as much as you like into the bowl. Add several grind of black pepper, and then toss with your hands. Transfer the salad to a serving platter, leaving any watery juices behind. Top wiht the toasted almonds. Serve immediately.
A wild filet of cod, salmon, or trout.