- Roasted Roots Over Cous Cous
- Escarole Salad with Farm Egg & Tarragon Dressing
- Baked Sweet Potato with Sauteed Kale Cleanse Recipe
- Veggie Quinoa Chili Cleanse Recipe
- Sauteed Mushrooms with Spinach & Acorn Squash Cleanse Recipe
- Soba Noodle Pasta with Kale & White Beans Cleanse Recipe
- Oven Roasted Brussel Sprout Soup Cleanse Recipe
- Zucchini Squash Carpaccio
Acorn Squash & Leek Soup Cleanse Recipe
A simple soup for a fulfilling lunch!
Prep Time: 60 mins
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 1 large leek (about 1 cup), light green & white part only
- 4 cups homemade, or low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp pecan pieces, toasted
- sea salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
Pre-heat ove to 350 degrees. Cut acorn squash in half and bake until tender, about 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven.
While the squash cooks, discard dark green part of the leek. Chop leek. Melt ghee into large pot and saute leek over medium low heat until tender, about 5 minutes. When squash is cool enough to handle, scoop out seeds and discard. Scoop out the flesh from the skin and add to the pot with the leeks. Add about 2/3 of the vegetable stock to the pot. Stir and bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer about 5 minutes. Using an immersion blender or high-speed blender, blend soup until smooth. Add remaining broth to create desired consistency and simmer for a fe more minutes. Add sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Top with toasted pecans and parsley.
Serve with wedge of fresh country wheat bread toasted and drizzled with olive oil.